Sunday 16 October 2016

Planning: Risks and Hazards Assessment



Risk or Hazard
Chance of risk or hazard occurring
Consequence of risk or hazard occurring
How to minimize the risk
Extreme Weather Conditions
Medium – getting into winter time it means that there is a higher chance of bad weather. However, I have categorised it as a medium risk because unless very bad, the weather is unlikely to stop filming.
Medium – this is a medium risk situation because it would mean that filming is delayed, making it harder to stick to a time schedule. The consequences would change to high if extreme weather conditions continually occurred. Overcast weather would be alright because of the dark element, the weather would reflect the mood.  There are not that many external scenes but they are necessary to have because of the stereotypical mise en scene for the fantasy genre.
I will minimize the risk of extreme weather conditions by filming as early as is possible so that the weather has a better chance of being dry.
If it was raining heavily, I would be sensible and consider whether it would be better to postpone filming to day(s) where the weather was more appropriate and did not impede on filming as much. If it was necessary, then filming would be postponed.
Damage to/loss of equipment






















Low – I have not yet decided whether I will use school equipment or my personal equipment for filming. I will take care when using equipment.
High – if loss of or damage to equipment were to occur, there would be consequences financially for me. If I used school equipment the school would also be impacted until I paid to get new equipment. Other students may also be affected if there is less equipment for them to use.
In terms of filming, damaging/losing the equipment would be detrimental as I could no longer film using the devices, delaying filming. I may not be trusted with equipment and so it might not be easy to use other equipment.
I will take extra care and precautionary measures when using the equipment. If I decide to use my own equipment the risk will be minimised because I know how to use it better. If I loan equipment from school I want to know what to do prior to filing and take extra care when navigating the devices.


Risk or hazard
Chance of risk or hazard occurring

Consequence(s) of risk or hazard occurring
How to minimise the risk
Unable to get in contact with cast members
Low – I have various ways of contacting cast members, such as through social media. I also see them often so could easily talk to them. I live in the same town as or close by to all cast members.
This would be difficult as it may mean that filming days would have to be delayed or even rescheduled.
Making sure all cast members have prior warning of filming days, and multiple methods of contacting them.
Accessibility to location
Medium – as it is an external location, there is a chance that it is inaccessible with a wheelchair (I am disabled). However I have supervision and have chosen accessible places.
We would have to change the schedule and shoot footage in an alternative location.
Stowe is a place I have visited many times; so I have chosen the most accessible places. The filming day is being supervised by an ambulant person, my father.
We have hired a buggy to take us around, ensuring we get to places quicker.

1 comment: