Wednesday 12 October 2016

Planning: Location Recce

I know that I want to use 2 locations (one internal and one external) in my trailer to convey a contrast, but also to offer the audience more variety. This would evoke a range of audience pleasures. 

Stowe Landscape Gardens
This is a National Trust property and gardens. The landscape gardens result in many places or temples that I can use to re create the woodland and landmarks so often seen in fantasy films. There is frequently an other worldly quality to these but this is counteracted by the introduction of things we see in our daily lives which help to create verisimilitude. Also, it is in quite close proximity to both where myself and Lara live (20 minutes maximum), so travelling won't be time consuming. 
Whilst it offers vast parkland, a downfall of using this location is that it is a public place so there may be difficulty with permissions and sectioning off areas/keeping members of the public out of shot. Additionally, the weather conditions may impact filming as it is However, I think this would be the case with any uncovered, external location and I could work around it.

Stowe Landscape Gardens


Drama Studio, Chenderit School
I think that this would be a suitable and convenient location because it is industrial (hall, the flooring has a black and white checkered pattern) and has good lighting, however I plan to use additional rigs too. The availability of the drama studio may be an issue if there are after school rehearsals but I am going to check the availability in advance. It is accessible because I would already be in school and it means that the equipment would not leave the school premises, minimising the risk of breakages and damage. 




The above pictures are of the Drama Studio. Most of the footage I plan to capture are long angled close ups... hence photos of the floor!
Photos taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment