Saturday 22 October 2016

Investigating Audio

To help me get a clearer idea of the atmosphere I want my trailer to create, I have decided to investigate audio soundtracks I can use as inspiration. I want it to be eerie in order to adhere to the darker element, yet also sound fantastical. I do not plan to use these in my trailer, they are purely for inspiration.



Song: Once Upon A Dream (From Disney's Maleficent)
Artist: Lana Del Rey
Why I like it: The song has been slowed down to sound more sinister and mystical. However, it maintains a fairy tale feel, it is a newer and different rendition of "Once Upon A Dream", (Sometimes called "An Unusual Prince/Once Upon A Dream from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.)

I have found a video of the Sleeping Beauty version so that a comparison can be made, and you can see how they have transformed the Maleficent version to fit the genre of the film.



Song: Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Artist: Lorde
The contemporary version of this older song is very tense and would suit the action that I intend to include, especially towards the end of the trailer. The song is included in The Hunger Games soundtrack which demonstrates the suitability of the track. I like that the concept of the song is ruling, and the Evil Queen is a power hungry character.
I did have a video for this from YouTube but it was not official and there were some issues with regards to availability so I have not included a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment