Wednesday 28 September 2016

Planning: Mood Board (Genre)

Mood board genre
Here is my mood board, which encompasses everything that I want my film to suggest, include or make reference to. Pictures of fairies are included because they are iconic characters within the genre of fantasy. The very bottom left image also addresses the theme of belief, which is sometimes covered within the fantasy genre. I know that the stereotypical fantasy location (top right - forest, and second in from bottom left - mansion) so I am considering either using green screen, a local woods, implying this or subverting the stereotype of location.
The black lipstick and red eye is included because it refers to the dark element of the dark fantasy genre. Red and black are important symbolic conventions within the genre. Red connotes danger and black has the connotation of power, so they are used frequently.
The images of the rotten apple and broken mirror are included because they are suggestive of the fairy tale world gone wrong (references to Disney's Snow White) which is part of my plot.
The ripped up pages signify the fact that my concept is based around fairy tale stories which are being destroyed. There was a limited number of pictures that I could find for this. I realise that Amazing Grace is a Christian hymn and the pages are ripped - I am not trying to endorse or be disrespectful towards any religion. No references will be included in my film trailer, but, when I thought about it, the image does link to the idea of belief which is often explored in fantasy. The image was not chosen for this reason, though.
The fairy tale book is iconographic of fantasy films.

All images were found on Pinterest. Unfortunately I am unable to trace the original source of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment