Thursday 1 September 2016

Developing Initial Ideas - Idea Two

With this idea, I can focus on and exaggerate the "dark"/scary component of the dark fantasy genre.

Narrative (Synopsis)
An evil force is kidnapping innocent children and leading them to an uncertain destiny in a world unknown.

Advantages and Disadvantages of choosing this idea
One advantage of choosing this idea is that I can experiment with different camera angles because I would want to maintain a sense of ambiguity surrounding the "evil force". Furthermore, I can develop my skills in using special effects. For instance, I could modify the footage of the children to give them demon qualities. This will allow me to touch on the concept of making innocent things and people scary. Another advantage is that being in school may make it easier to find willing cast members to portray children who are in danger (I would obviously need written permission from their parents and themselves first).

A disadvantage of selecting this idea is that it would perhaps be hard for the audience to identify the genre of the trailer. They may not be able to distinguish between horror and fantasy, so I would have to put a lot of effort into making sure that the genre was clear and that fantastical elements are present.

No comments:

Post a Comment