Friday 31 March 2017

Post Production: Editing (5)

Making and Animating titles
Apart from the main titles, all titles were made using the standard 'still title' in Adobe Premiere Pro. Unlike iMovie, these were not pre loaded, so I had the opportunity to modify the appearance of the titles. This allowed me customise the typography in a manner which was appropriate to a trailer. The purple was modified by me selecting a shade that stood out against the black background. Similarly, the gold typography for the word "Crowns" was customised to make it a gold that had connotations of royalty - as opposed to a murky brown!
I also experimented with typography size and asked people to give me verbal feedback as to whether they thought it was a suitable size and a central position. Eventually they said yes!
To make my titles appear more interesting, I dedcided to add some fog that would add a sinister and ambiguous element to my coursework production. I did not create this effect myself, instead I found it on a YouTube clip which I proceeded to convert to an mp4.
To begin with, I wanted to make my titles more interesting so attempted to achieve the letters of "Malice" coming in one by one by duplicating a title and then editing it. While this worked to some extent, it didn't look very fluid. As a result, one of my teachers recommended that I use After Effects, a software which would serve to 'properly' animate the titles, taking effects from Adobe Bridge. I chose an effect called Rainfall, and am happy with this because it resulted in my trailer looking more professional and animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment