Thursday 30 March 2017

Post Production: Editing (4)

Overlaying
I had some long clips which were significant to the trailer and contributed to the variation of camera shots. However, I was aware that trailers do not typically utilise long pieces of footage. Therefore I wanted to be more creative with the shots that I had and found that this could be achieved by overlaying other footage on top. By making the footage underneath black and white, it made the overlaid footage take prominence. The overlaying was achieved by me placing the footage above the long clip, and reducing the opacity of it so that it was visible. I think that is effective because it would help to sustain audience engagement but it also adds an element of ambiguity and enigma to my coursework production.


An example of overlaying in my trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment