Monday 27 March 2017

Post Production: Editing (3)

In Premiere, when trying to recreate something similar to what I made in iMovie, I decided to add video effects to clips. This entailed experimenting with filters to enhance and alter the colour of the footage in order to adhere to the fantasy genre. The effect I predominantly used is called "Brightness to contrast" which allows you to modify both the lighting effect (bright/dull) of the clips and the intensity of the colours (whether the contrast is obvious).
I tended to decrease the brightness of the clips to give the clip a cold-looking effect, linking to the sinister element of the dark fantasy genre. Also, I have made the contrast obvious by radically altering this. As a result, the colours are striking. For instance, red, which is symbolic of blood and danger stands out, making it more of a feature in the trailer.
I decided to experiment with filters to make my product more engaging for the audience. This means that I have switched between monochrome and colour.This subverts conventions of trailers because usually they have one specific colour.


In the video above I am changing the colours of one of my clips using the Brightness to contrast effect on Adobe Premiere Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment