Sunday 26 March 2017

Post Production: Editing (2)

Once I had ordered the clips, I put them in sequence in a timeline. I found this task arduous because I wanted to be precise in placing and fixing the duration of the clips.I found this process difficult because I was not familiar with the programme. This led me to use iMovie.

In iMovie, I created a draft trailer so that I had a better idea of what I wanted to recreate in Premiere. This gave me confidence because it felt less overwhelming; it was more structured. Obviously it could have been more accurate (for example, iMovie uses stock titles) but it allowed me to achieve my objective.



Editing the iMovie version

The above screenshot exemplifies the stock titles which iMovie offer.  


Editing the sound

The video above shows the sound before and after editing. I used GarageBand to edit the sound. I decided to use sound similar to that of Pan's Labyrinth (2006) in my trailer as a piece of non diegetic sound. This was achieved through converting a YouTube video to an MP4 file.
I think this is the sound that I used. It was either used in or inspired by Pan's Labyrinth - I haven't seen the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment